Not getting necessary ROI from sales force; difficulty staffing critical sales positions.
Aligned talent and culture with business strategy. Restructured sales force and sales process. Revamped compensation and benefits plan for sales reps.
How we did it:
- Implemented metric-driven performance management process based on defined sales behaviors
- Reset sales territories and restructured sales force roles
- Redesigned sales rep compensation plan and benefit offerings
- Removed non value-added work from sales reps by building internal sales support team, allowing sales reps increased face-to-face time with customers
- Partnered with managers to improve team performance
Results over 5 years:
- Reduced overall cost of sales from 6% to 4% of revenue, saving over $6M annually
- Increased average sales per rep from $1M to $7M
- Employer of choice for difficult to find sales talent with strong passive candidate pipeline
- Best-in-class turnover rate within industry
- High sales force and customer satisfaction rates
- Viewed by manufacturer partners and customers as category leader.